A well established and award-winning architectural practice located in Central London is recruiting for a full or part-time, experienced Bid Manager/New Business Manager who will oversee and manage the practice’s bids for OJEUs, awards and new business from start to finish. The practice operates over a wide range of sectors, so flexibility in understanding is essential. This is a senior position answerable directly to the Principals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, sourcing and presentation of potential bids to Principals and senior stakeholders
- Coordinating and drafting responses to SQQs, PQQs and ITTs
- Co-ordinating, drafting and submitting bids including coordination of information with sub-consultants and third parties
- Reviewing and updating of current bid documents and templates
- Regular review of sector and trade changes in regulation or protocols and ensuring the practice remains compliant
- Identifying areas of strategic commercial development within practice and working with senior stakeholders to develop a coherent and successful new business policy
- Managing the company website and social media outlets to ensure that all platforms support bids effectively.
- Identifying and submitting applications for awards
- Issuing press communications where relevant
- Working with senior stakeholders to identify and pursue business opportunities within existing contacts and client base
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of successful bid submissions within architectural/design practice
- Excellent written language skills
- Experience in using Indesign and photoshop
- Graphic design qualification
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
The successful candidate must be a highly organised individual with a commercial mind-set. Confident and eloquent they will have to have an intrinsic understanding of business strategy but also the ability to see the detail in a bigger picture. Strong graphic and writing skills essential.