A well established and award-winning architectural practice located in Central London is recruiting for an experienced Bid Manager who will oversee and manage the practice’s bids for OJEUs, awards and new business from start to finish. The practice operates over a wide range of sectors, so flexibility in understanding is essential. This is a senior position answerable directly to the Principals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, sourcing and presentation of potential bids to Principals and senior stakeholders
- Coordinating and drafting responses to SQQs, PQQs and ITTs
- Co-ordinating, drafting and submitting bids including coordination of information with sub-consultants and third parties
- Reviewing and updating of current bid documents and templates
- Regular review of sector and trade changes in regulation or protocols and ensuring the practice remains compliant
- Identifying areas of strategic commercial development within practice and working with senior stakeholders to develop a coherent and successful new business policy
- Managing the company website and social media outlets to ensure that all platforms support bids effectively.
- Identifying and submitting applications for awards
- Issuing press communications where relevant
- Working with senior stakeholders to identify and pursue business opportunities within existing contacts and client base
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of successful bid submissions within architectural/design practice
- Degree qualified
- Excellent written language skills
- Experience in using Indesign and photoshop
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
The successful candidate must be a highly organised individual with a commercial mind-set. Confident and eloquent they will have to have an intrinsic understanding of business strategy but also the ability to see the detail in a bigger picture. Strong graphic and writing skills essential.