A vibrant architectural practice in the bustling Islington area is looking for a highly experienced Finance Manager to manage all areas of the finance for their London Head Office. This practice is a global leader and have designed some of the most iconic projects and buildings across the world.
As the Financial Manager the focus of the role is to provide accurate and timely management accounts, forecasts and dealing with the month end process for the completion of a monthly pack for the Directors. You may also be required to complete other ad-hoc management information. These will include working closely with the external accountants.
The individual ideally will have experience within the architectural industry. They will be a self-motivated and meticulous individual.
- To take on full responsibility for the preparation and delivery of accurate and timely management accounts along with business commentary on a monthly basis to a high standard
- The preparation of accurate P&L, Balance Sheet, KPI and variance analysis
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Directors
- Lead on the year-end process, being the first point of contact with external accountants
- Manage general book keeping and banking requirements such as bank reconciliation and the posting of accruals and prepayments
- Quarterly VAT Returns
- Manage business cash flow
- The review and posting of inter-company transfers
- Supplier payments
- Debt management
- Invoice & statement generation
- Development of systems and processes
- Familiar with document management systems such as Asite, Conject and Aconex
- Experience with Ms Project and Asta Powerproject preferable
- Experience in drafting fee letters, reviewing contracts and claims preferable
- Experience of working in a stand-alone role previously
- Competent on Sage
- Competent on excel is a requirement
- Part qualified ACCA , CIMA or qualified by experience