This established practice passionate about sustainability is looking for an ambitious office manager to join the talented team in its Manchester studio during an exciting period of growth. This unique practice has multiple locations spread across the UK and strives to create a sociable, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere for all. This practice stands out from the crowd, boasting a diverse project portfolio of the highest design quality.
Employee welfare and sustainability is at the heart of the practice’s beliefs, leading to the studio receiving B Corp certification which serves as a testament to their commitment to employee wellbeing and ethical practice within the built environment. You can be certain that within this caring practice you will receive the very highest level of support and guidance to enable you to thrive.
This Office Manager role covers the full administrative function of the Manchester studio as well as supporting both the studio and wider practice in meeting their sustainability and business development objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of tasks relating to office & practice management, project administration and business development. There are huge opportunities for progression within the role, both through developing the company’s internal practices and operations, but also through business development opportunities in the wider built environment networks.
This role has the potential to evolve and develop, but as an overview this position has responsibilities including:
- Coordinating logistics, meeting room arrangements, office enquiries, diary management, and ensuring the smooth daily operation of the studio
- Devising and implementing practice wide strategies for increasing sustainability and improving practice operations in liaison with the Sustainability Team
- Assisting with project administration and keeping the team up to date with project progress
- Managing daily financial and HR tasks including processing incoming sales invoices, assisting with recruitment by screening CVs
- Maintaining quality management, document control and IT protocols across projects
- Providing PA support as required
- Taking a lead in preparing business development related material to promote the practices work and sustainability approach
- Assisting the BD team to prepare PQQ, ITT and job submissions
- Coordinating team diaries and attending team action meetings to help maintain project calendars
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be confident and able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Be eager to learn and develop their skills
- Be self-motivated, well organised and able to manage your time and workload effectively
- Be proficient in MS Office and InDesign
- Be passionate about sustainability
- Have proven track record of sound administrative skills within an architectural or creative environment
In this role, you will be essential to the practice’s business and sustainability goals and have the opportunity to join a fantastic team within a dynamic and thriving industry. Please get in touch for more information as this role is not to be missed!