White Space is excited to be working with a leading AJ100 architectural and design practice who is looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join their finance team located in the West End. The role covers responsibility for all job costing including managing the timesheet system in Focal Point, issuing sales invoices in Dimensions, maintaining the fee forecast in Excel, and work in progress.
With the issuing of their fee invoices being an essential part of the role, the successful candidate should know when vat is or isn’t chargeable. You also need a basic grasp of currency conversions for the occasional overseas invoice that is issued. Checking and posting timesheets correctly and flagging any queries is an important part of the role.
- Production of financial reporting and forecasting for projects
- Monitor budget movements and provide movement summary
- Review purchase orders and validate against budget estimates
- Actively participate in developing project estimates to assist in budgeting process with inputs on project spend and payables estimation
- Track cost overruns vs forecasts
- Tracking of expenditure against accruals for sub-consultants
- Flagging unexpected results and variances as they arise
- Manage work in progress accounts for each project
- Manage general cost control – review areas of overspend during periodical estimation process and ensure scope changes are routed through change request process.
- Ensure project deliverables comply with internal controls- letter of intent, contracts and PO sign offs
- Manage accurate allocation of time to individual projects
Working closely with the senior management team you will be required to produce accurate and timely reports whilst also demonstrating a proactive and forward-thinking attitude to your role and responsibilities. Only candidates that have worked in a design environment will be considered for this role for a minimum of two years.