A trendy design focused practice based in central London is searching for an enthusiastic and synergistic Business Development Manager to join a vibrant team specialising in delivering awe-inspiring sustainable projects of the highest quality. This well-established practice has multiple locations spread across the UK and strives to create a sociable, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere.
The successful candidate will be leading the BD team as the key figure in the development and implementation of the wider BD and brand strategy with support from the Bid Manager and Marketing Coordinator whilst working closely with the external PR Consultant and Account Manager. It is essential that you are able to champion a collaborative approach to all tasks, working inclusively and effectively with staff across the whole practice whilst displaying a clear vision for new business acquisition strategy.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for a range of vital strategic business development, marketing and communications functions within the practice, including:
- Forming strategies and campaigns within the BD team in order to consolidate and expand business including international work.
- Enhancing external client relations and continual identification of opportunities for developing new and existing business contacts
- Taking strategic overview of the Client Relations Management system and hosting regular meetings with senior staff to develop a quarterly CRM program
- Assisting in the decision making process with the Bids team on which opportunities to pursue
- Guiding the Bid Manager on business and client targets
- Leading the implementation of the communication strategy to market the practice’s expertise in key sectors
- Developing a relationship with the media and publishing bodies alongside the PR consultant to raise and maintain the practice’s public profile
- Taking an editorial lead in content creation for BD and marketing purposes
- Overseeing award submissions and production of all marketing collateral as executed by the BD Team, including brochures, film, photography, events and building tours for media
- Developing social media strategies and monitoring the implementation by BD team and wider practice.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an individual who thrives within a collaborative environment and is an adept communicator. Familiarity with CRM systems, Open Asset and SharePoint alongside knowledge and literacy of EDI issues and sustainability within the architecture industry is essential.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a Business Development role within the architectural industry or wider built environment
- Team management experience
- Confidence when communicating with all levels of staff including management
- Confidence and professionalism to speak to current/potential clients and wider network of contacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and copywriting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
This practice is made up of an energetic and friendly team and truly appreciates the necessity of a healthy work life balance by offering a long list of benefits that includes: life insurance, flexible working arrangements, travel season tickets, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave pay, employee assistance plans and office wellbeing initiatives - just to name a few!
So, if this is all music to your ears and you would like to learn more about this opportunity, then please don’t hesitate to apply so we can provide a detailed job description.