White Space is on the hunt for a well-rounded, keen, talented and highly confident Associate level Architect to join this ultra-dynamic practice in the heart of London's West End. This individual will work closely with the Directors and existing Associate and will take ownership of technical design and project delivery, with guidance and team support, on a mix of exciting residential, mixed use and education schemes.
This role requires the individual to possess a high level of technical ability and significant understanding of the residential and education sectors as well as oozing confidence and personality! The office is around 15 strong currently so the ability to get stuck in and make difference is paramount!
Responsibilities & qualities required:-
- Delegate and manage workload/resources within your team to meet agreed deadlines and timescales
- Lead multiple projects
- Build your team and set an examples to others - be a real Team Leader!
- Represent the office at external events & meetings
- Delegate and manage the project team effectively
- Liaise effectively with the wider external design team
- Ensure all internal QA procedures are met both by yourself and the team
- Develop technical drawings and documents
- Possess excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated & able to work independently and as part of a team
- Resilient, tenacious and able to prioritise work effectively under pressure with calmness & professionalism
- Sound understanding of your roles, responsibilities and duties as an Architect
- Understanding of the financial aspects of running a project on time and to budget
Knowledge & skills required:-
- ARB/RIBA registered
- High level of Revit proficiency
- Exemplary technical design, coordination and delivery knowledge
- Track record on multi-unit residential and education projects across all stages
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the relevant technical standards & regulations
- Delivery of Design & Build contracts over £10m in value
- Ideally Principal Designer (CDM 2015)
If this sounds like you please get in touch ASAP!