Exciting times afoot with this practice!
Expanding 20 or so strong sociable practice based in the heart of the Old Street/Clerkenwell area is looking to recruit a qualified Architect to join their busy studio and take on project responsibility with supervision from a senior level Architect. Their workload is predominantly within the residential (both one-off & multi-unit) and commercial sectors so you will be exposed to an interesting array of projects. The opportunity to work alongside highly skilled and experienced individuals is definitely on offer here!
Due to a number of new commissions they urgently need to recruit a Vectorworks literate (will cross train) Architect who can seamlessly slot onto an existing project working closely with the Senior Architect/Associate. This practice is in a great position to offer fantastic job running exposure as they are working on numerous live projects that are at various stages.
The following skills & qualities will be required:-
- Vectorworks & SketchUp
- Excellent creative design capabilities
- Develop and produce all relevant drawings related to the project at hand
- Take on project responsibilities
- Lead projects, both internally and externally, throughout all stages
- Take commercial responsibility for projects - awareness of timelines, managing workload and the ability to take ownership
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with other members of the team and also external consultants, contractors and sub-contractors
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high quality drawing packages
- Well organised, proactive and manage workload in line with the project programme
This is your chance to join a lively, sociable busy studio that can offer superb career progression and the opportunity to really take on some project responsibility.
If you’re looking for that role & practice that will enable you to progress to Project Architect level then this is it!