Exciting times afoot with this practice!
Expanding 20 or so strong sociable practice based in the heart of the Hoxton/Clerkenwell area is looking to recruit a qualified Project Architect to join their busy studio and take on full project responsibility on multiple projects with supervision from an Associate/Associate Director. Their workload is predominantly within the commercial & residential (both one-off & multi-unit) sectors so you will be exposed to an interesting array of projects. The opportunity to work alongside highly skilled and experienced individuals is definitely on offer here!
Due to a number of new commissions within the commercial sector they urgently need to recruit a Vectorworks literate (will cross train) Project Architect who can seamlessly slot into an existing project team working as the no.2 to the Associate Director. This practice is in a great position to offer fantastic job running exposure as they are working on numerous live projects that are at various stages.
The following skills & qualities will be required:-
- Vectorworks (cross training will be given) & SketchUp - this practice has started implementing BIM/Revit into the Studio
- ARB/RIBA registered
- Experience working on commercial projects between £5m-25m in value
- Ability to manage multiple projects whilst overseeing a small team
- Excellent creative design capabilities
- Develop and produce all relevant drawings related to the project at hand
- Take on project responsibilities
- Lead projects, both internally and externally, throughout all stages
- Take commercial responsibility for projects - awareness of timelines, managing workload and the ability to take ownership
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with other members of the team and also external consultants, contractors and sub-contractors
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high quality drawing packages
- Well organised, proactive and manage workload in line with the project programme
This is your chance to join a lively, sociable busy studio that can offer superb career progression and the opportunity to really take on some project responsibility.
If you’re looking for that role & practice that will enable you to progress to Associate within 12-18 months from Project Architect level then this is it!