Fancy a change of direction career wise? Looking for that client side role? Passionate about the hospitality sector and travel? Want to join one of the fastest growing names within the hospitality sector? If it’s a resounding yes to these questions then please read on ..........!!!!
Due to a considerable pipeline of growth this global hotel brand is in urgent need for an architecturally trained Assistant Design Manager to join their in-house design & development team based in their newly opened central London HQ. They already have over 30 hotels either in operation or under construction in various locations across the world and have considerable growth plans in place to double this number within the next 3-5 years! This individual will play an extremely important role within the growth and strategy behind this journey!
Working closely alongside the global feasibility design manager this role will predominantly be architecturally and feasibility focused working within the wider design and construction team throughout all the design and implementation stages. You will be playing a key role in the initial design appraisal on a wide number of development opportunities across their multiple brands. The role will expose you to projects across all the regions worldwide including North America, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and of course Europe where you will get the opportunity to travel to these locations.
The main duties for this role will include initial compilation of design appraisals for new development opportunities and supporting the development team in expanding the brands to new locations worldwide so this role will definitely test you! The successful candidate must be able to think critically, work independently when/as required and preferably have previous experience working on hospitality projects.
Roles & responsibilities include:-
- Project evaluations - assist others in conducting design feasibilities for potential sites. This will encompass a mix of conversions, renovations & new construction.
- Document review - reviewing concept drawings and/or specifications submitted for brand compliance.
- Assist in general administrative duties where required. A real positive “can do” will be needed!
- Produce and maintain internal brand standards.
- Lead the compilation and management of their hotel and planning code database.
- RIBA Part II or III qualification (or overseas equivalent).
- 2-3 years professional experience within the architectural industry.
- Ideally exposure to either the hospitality, residential or student accommodation sectors.
- A broad design portfolio that showcases a clear design & technical understanding.
Excellent freehand sketching skills and a fluency in AutoCAD and BIM software will be essential for this role.
In return you will receive a fantastic salary and benefits package, a clear and defined career development within the design management field, a fun and fast paced working environment and the opportunity to really kick on your career within the property/development sector with a leading hospitality brand.
What more can you ask for?! Apply now for more information.