White Space is working with a fast track design and build fit-out specialist company in London, that service projects in the UK and Europe and is looking to take on a BIM Manager on a full time basis as they are transitioning to Revit.
This is a very exciting position for this company as they are transitioning over to Revit and moving away from other software platforms such as AutoCAD. Currently there is a few Revit user of varying experience but support is needed so they can concentrate on their main focus which is Design.
- Interview & assess new candidates for competency in REVIT (a separate process to interviewing for design or technical construction competencies)
- Morning sessions promoting mentoring & development of REVIT skills within the staff so that the studio has a deep level of competency across design staff in the London office
- Assess existing staff for REVIT competency and, based on a broader knowledge of the industry, recommend training/ development courses to improve standards
- Establish a standard BIM protocol across all projects
- Develop a workflow that allows for constant (and trackable) client revisions in quick time periods that does not compromise existing work completed within the overall REVIT model
- Review existing technical standards (template drawings) develop them and improve their functionality – its objective is to save time so design staff are not continuously ‘re-inventing the wheel’
- Set up and evolve standardised REVIT families with particular regard to interiors projects
- Agreeing the storage of data ‘off line’ for back-up purposes
- Set-up of the individual BIM models on each project & monitor them for compliance with agreed protocols
- Develop the broader potential of the software (including an awareness of market leading ‘plug-ins’) : advanced scheduling/ VR Visualisation/ data extraction etc
Project Role (external project team facing)
- Agree with the broader consultant team a BIM protocol
- Agreeing the protocol for the integration of external REVIT models (from consultants) into the model held by
- Agreeing the timings & format for clash detection workshops / reviews