This 20 or so strong design focused commercial practice nestled within the beautiful south west London / north Surrey border has built an enviable client list since their inception and work in a variety of sectors which include commercial, residential, retail and education. They have built a talented team on the basis of providing a fun, friendly and rewarding environment for all their staff.
Due to a steady increase in workload and having taken a strategic decision to fully implement BIM they have decided to create a brand new position of BIM Manager & Coordinator within the practice. The focus of this role will be practice-wide to lead the development of BIM into the office and oversee the overall BIM implementation strategy going forward creating streamlined systems, operations and processes on all live projects. As you can tell this is a super-important role for the practice in the immediate future and also going forward. Alongside Revit they also use Enscape and Navisworks so excellent software and technical knowledge in the usage of Revit, Navisworks and BIM 360 is essential.
Key responsibilities include;
- Develop and evolve the current Revit/BIM standards, procedures and processes
- Promote and provide guidance on company standards, procedures and processes
- Responsible for producing training content in line with company standards, procedures and processes documents
- Conduct regular model maintenance and ensure models comply with the BIM protocol
- Work closely with the users to provide technical assistance
- Monitoring projects Worksets
- Monitoring users project collaboration
- Actively working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist and manage with Revit content creation, developing the library of Revit families and promoting best software practice
- Preparation of models for coordination/issuing
- Hold regular Revit and other related training sessions