One of London’s leading and hugely respected practice’s is currently looking for an experienced and confident individual to join their diverse and talented BIM team as the Head of BIM. This established practice is well known in the industry for their UK projects spanning a number of sectors from large-scale masterplans through to single unit bespoke homes. This position will provide you with the opportunity to join a team of 150 passionate professionals in a studio that champions equality and promotes good work-life balance with a variety of flexible working options.
The successful Head of BIM candidate will provide solid leadership, oversight and coordination in the practice for all things BIM. You will be responsible for a number of BIM Assistants and BIM Coordinators whilst reporting directly to the management forum and company partners. You must be an individual with excellent vision and leadership qualities so that you are able to oversee the BIM objectives and strategies, standards and protocols, project selection, resource allocation, training strategies and the workflow processes within the company. These significant responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the senior leadership team to develop strategic plans for implementing and improving BIM workflow.
- Ensuring new strategies meet business goals.
- Maintaining benchmarks to measure progress.
- Maintaining standards to ensure compliance at annual BIM Level 2 accreditation surveillance visits.
- Managing the interface between IT and senior management team.
- Improve the company BIM profile through media and seminars.
- Planning and delivering training sessions in Revit and other applications.
- Resolving BIM related design issues.
- Acting as a connection between the workshops, staff and projects on BIM and Revit matters.
- Training new staff and always ensuring relevant training is available.
As a vital figure in the senior leadership team, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, are both articulate and persuasive and exhibit the following:
- Expert knowledge of BIM360 and Revit applications with the ability to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals.
- A degree in Architecture or demonstrable equivalent qualifications.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with legacy CAD applications.
- A selfless ability to work as part of a team.
If the chance to spearhead the way this practice operates in the coming decade as a senior member within a team that regularly wins awards for its stunning projects, then apply now!
For a more detailed job description please get in contact with Ian Whitear.