This rising AJ100 practice is looking to appoint a highly collaborative and influential sustainability leader to work across their 3 offices who has an exceptionally strong sense of social and environmental purpose to oversee their company-wide sustainability strategy. Due to a major strategic decision from the Directors they are now looking to recruit an experienced, passionate and professional individual who can help drive/implement their sustainability policy across the business.
This role will primarily be based from their HQ in Sussex but you will be required to travel to their other 2 southern based offices on a fairly regular basis. They have a hybrid working policy in place currently so you will be required to be in their office 2-3 days per week and the remainder you can work from home so this should suit someone who doesn't necessarily live in the Sussex area.
Established many years ago they have recently reached a impressive milestone of 100 employees across 3 offices working across multiple sectors where they have won numerous awards for a number of their projects. They are moving into rather impressive brand-spanking new offices in early 2022 so have an extremely bright future ahead of them with a burgeoning workload! This practice is extremely dedicated to the successful design and delivery of all projects they're involved with to ensure their clients' expectations are exceeded.
- To lead on the development and implementation of an all-encompassing sustainability strategy to enhance business performance and create a strong social purpose
- To create a culture of empowerment, where employees strive to take ownership of sustainability issues and tasks to successfully accomplish collective goals.
- To inspire and lead on the development, implementation and delivery of the sustainability strategies and objectives
- To develop a Sustainability Action Plan
- Develop and encourage the use of their Sustainability Toolkit to ensure socially sustainable outcomes are embedded into every project
- To provide knowledge and understanding of the available Sustainability Rating tools and software programs and to support their usage across the Studios.
- Lead the Sustainability Working Group
- Ensure a strong and robust sustainability training programme is available across all levels of the business
- Define the relevant content and support the curation of in-house knowledge is shared through the company intranet
- Build positive relationships with local authorities and industry networks
- Represent the business in sustainability matters at external forums and events
- Contribute to sustainability related questions in bids, tenders and competitions
- Work with the in-house marketing team to maintain statements to be used on the website, social media and other marketing material
- Monitor and understand the implications of the ever changing legislation and certification requirements (including ISO 14001)
- Lead research and staff briefings with regards to the latest materials and trends within the sustainable design sector
- Oversee the creation of a sector specific sustainability design guide
- Architectural background or closely related sector
- Degree or relevant qualification in an environmental or sustainability related discipline (BREEAM AP and/or Passivhaus Certified)
- Strong design sensibility and experience in delivering integrated Sustainability Initiatives
- Experience of leading on the creation and implementation of a bespoke sustainability strategy within an Architectural environment
- Demonstrated experience with both public and private sector clients - specifically in the sustainability, low carbon and resource efficiency, climate change fields
- Relevant technical knowledge gained within a medium to large size organisation
- Communicate ideas confidently; asserting own ideas and inspiring others around them
- Self-aware; takes personal accountability for delivery and acts as an ambassador and champion