BREEAM Sustainability Manager required for established UK based construction giant.
White Space is proud to be working exclusively with this nationwide construction group to find an experienced BREEAM Sustainability Manager to support their established team. With an annual turnover of £800m+ (2020), they operate from a network of 20+ regional offices throughout the UK and Ireland and employ over 2,000 staff. Specialising in the delivery of award-winning construction, interior fit-out, facilities management, civil engineering and investment projects, this company offers an attractive range of benefits including a car allowance, pension, private medical cover and a life assurance scheme.
A fast-paced position, this role would provide the holder with a plethora of experience in all aspects of Sustainability, not confined to just BREEAM, and an opportunity to step away from a standard/consultancy assessor role to work at the front line of Sustainability in the built environment. You would be reporting to the Regional Managing Director and will champion sustainability to support the regional offices, teams and projects.
The perfect candidate would be self‐motivated with strong leadership qualities, able to challenge mediocre behaviour and drive continuous improvement within the team. Being confident and firm yet approachable and encouraging to those around you is an essential skill for this position. Flexibility is key for the many locations the role would require you to attend. You would be based in London but would be mostly remote working with approximately one to two days in the office.
This role would require you to:
- Aid the Bid Team including tender reviews and bid responses
- Attend project meetings to support and identify regional projects to ensure sustainability compliance, including site visits.
- Attend project meetings to identify opportunities to improve sustainability
- Provide BREEAM support to design teams, design managers, commercial team and project managers
- Develop, manage and monitor bespoke sustainability assessments for Clients that desire an alternative to BREEAM
- Liaise regularly with BREEAM Assessors and APs
- Report project progress to clients and design teams
- Provide guidance on regulation and legislation change that will impact projects
- Provide support and guidance to regions on implementation of group level sustainability action plans
- Attend relevant industry events
Key skills required for this role are:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a BREEAM related role
- Possesses strong communication and organisational skills
- Can work to strict deadlines, prioritising and planning workload
- Has excellent attention to detail
- The ability to be analytical and concise
Desirable attributes for this role would be:
- BREEAM Assessor
- BREEAM/WELL AP or SSM
- Knowledge of alternative sustainability assessment methods (LEED, WiredScore, WELL)
- Full UK Driving Licence
The salary for this role is £50-60k per annum (dependent upon experience) and is a permanent position. There is also an extensive benefits package which includes car allowance, private pension, healthcare and life assurance.
If this sounds like the perfect next step up or new position for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch.