Based in the heart of London, this 100+ strong company is seeking a Development Manager to support the continual growth of their national business. They possess a property portfolio worth over £500 million reaching across over 23 cities in the UK and are looking to expand even further.
Your role would include overseeing the design and renovation of new and existing properties in the portfolio along with ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget, reporting directly into the head of acquisitions and development. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre candidate with design experience looking to move into a role with significant project management responsibility.
The successful candidate will be able to oversee all design and renovation work, maintaining the company standards and style. You will be a self-starter with experience in managing multiple projects at one time using advanced communication and people management skills to lead projects to a successful conclusion.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Continual development of brand design and specification whilst optimising and improving the portfolio specifying works as needed.
- Establishing relationships with new contractors and working with existing contractors to identify opportunities to accelerate works if projects fall behind program effectively managing the contractors in their work.
- Attending weekly site meetings at sites across the UK, this may require some travel.
- Ensuring the smooth handover of refurbished properties to our property management team.
Key experiences and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Experience of working full time in an architecture, design or project management role.
- Proficient knowledge of CAD software.
- Strong budget management credentials & accountability.
- Full UK driving license desirable.
- A full understanding of HMO amenity standards and statutory compliance requirements
The salary for this position is £45 - £60,000 pa (DOE) and includes multiple benefits such as a discretionary annual bonus, free daily breakfast in the office, monthly departmental lunches, shorter Fridays and Friday desk/pub drinks. If you are looking for a step up in your career and this looks like the perfect next role for you, please do not hesitate to apply below!