The growing London studio of this established UK architectural practice is going from strength to strength and therefore the London Director is looking to add a qualified Architect to their 20 or so strong team of Architects, Part II Assistants and Architectural Technologists. Their workload is primarily within the private and public housing sectors where they have forged fantastic relationships with a number of the UK's major residential developers and social housing providers.
The primary reason for this new appointment is that the office is continually busy working on projects at the post-planning stages but has recently received a huge upturn in enquiries for the office to undertake planning applications for projects based within a number of the London boroughs. Therefore, the Director is now urgently seeking a design focused Architect that has a proven track record in working on planning applications within the London Boroughs who will work both autonomously and closely with him on a number of residential and mixed use developments. This role will require the individual to be client facing as you will be asked to attend various meetings with the Planners and Developers so you must have a very good understanding of the London Plan & Planning Policy. There will be a great opportunity for you to really make a difference in this office design wise as the Director is the only design oriented Architect within the team so if you want your voice to be heard then this is the place to do it!
To be considered for this role you must:-
- be an ARB/RIBA registered Architect
- have run numerous planning applications primarily within London boroughs
- have 3-5 years' experience working on planning projects, and liaising with planning/urban design officers
- an understanding of the London Plan and planning policy
- be client facing and can run projects with little or no supervision
- Revit skills would be a bonus but not essential
- be commercially savvy with a good design ability (maximising the potential of sites but also creating high quality designs when appropriate)
- AutoCAD literate and adept in Adobe Creative Suite