White Space is working exclusively with this contemporary, technology focused hotel chain to find a London based Director of Interior design to support their growth across the world. Currently operating a number of hotels globally with many more currently under construction, this brand is looking to rapidly expand reaching the magical target of 50 hotels by 2025! This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer to step into a pivotal role with an overview of all three innovative brands in the chain. This hotel uncompromisingly designs around guests, taking the essential elements of luxury hotels and adapting them into smaller, smarter spaces.
In this role you will be reporting to the Vice President of Technical Services and leading the Interior Design input as required by the Technical Services Project Management team on all live projects, supporting and realising the brand identity. You will be required to manage the Interior Design for all projects, including new developments, conversions, and renovations of existing hotels. You would also be the line manager for the internal Interior Designer.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 10+ years’ experience in hospitality design, experience in another hotel brand and knowledge of another language would be a bonus. You would be a proactive individual, able to think critically and work both independently and within a wider team as required. Within the wider team you must be able to build trust and instil confidence in your colleagues, supporting and inspiring them to succeed. Within this social and creative office environment, the team is ultimately looking for someone who can have fun and thrive in this role.
The key responsibilities of this position would be:
- Working collaboratively with other Department Directors and the pre-opening team on new hotel openings including taking the lead on the snagging and approvals process.
- Managing the project consultant panel database pertaining to all design consultants in each region and developing partnerships with key design firms.
- Preparing and/or reviewing design briefs and guidance.
- Reviewing Brand Standards biannually and update relevant manuals, support documents and specifications.
- Participating in/lead design review workshops and meetings.
- Creating project specific design narratives, presentations and guidance for use internally and to external parties, consultants and owners. Provide design/brand guidance to external consultants as required on each project.
- Reviewing designs at all project stages for conformity to specific Brand standards, Design & Construction guidelines and Brand Management direction.
- Providing Interior Design assistance to the Technical Services team in the review of feasibility opportunities or Property Improvement Plans & Renovations as required.
- Staying knowledgeable about the Hotel Design industry and working to introduce new products and materials to the company as well as guiding design groups to their availability and potential project application.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate the following:
- A recognised Interior Design or equivalent design degree.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within hospitality design. Experience working for an established international hotel brand is preferable.
- A design portfolio must be submitted displaying experience of all aspects of hotel Interior Design work stages.
- Strong knowledge of accessibility, planning codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design.
- Candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English. Additional languages are also beneficial for the role.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the design and construction process
- Able to produce freehand sketches alongside strong skills with BIM software (Revit or ArchiCAD).
- Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design).
- Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Commercially minded and experienced with reviewing contracts and other legal documentation.
- Availability and willingness to travel as required, occasionally at short notice.
- Excellent management of external stakeholder relationships.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
The salary for this role is £65 – 70,000 per annum dependent upon experience, including a comprehensive benefits package. So, if you are looking to work with a dynamic hotel brand and this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, please do not hesitate to get in touch ASAP!