Due to major expansion plans this internationally renowned architectural consultancy is seeking an experienced and super organised Office Manager to oversee the administrative/support side of their soon to be established UK studio opening in early 2018. Specialising in masterplanning, urban & landscape design, and architecture, they predominantly work on European and Middle Eastern based large-scale developments. Having operated for a number of decades they’re now established as a leading consultancy in the Middle East. Working across a wide spectrum from single buildings to new communities, iconic projects and inspiring public spaces, their Middle Eastern operation is made up of a diverse team of talented architects, masterplanners and urban designers.
As this is a start-up situation they are looking for an exceptionally organised and personable Office Manager, ideally from a creative background, who can come in and hit the ground running. The role will involve working closely alongside the Managing Director assisting with everyday functions and operations of the studio.
This is a key role as this individual will be responsible for the smooth running of the daily office activities whilst supporting the rest of the team as it grows. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organised, able to remain calm under pressure, and have the ability to show own initiative. You will have a creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements, excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise work.
The Office Manager will closely assist the Managing Director with the set-up of a brand-new office so no two days will be the same! This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Office Manager who wants to take the next step in their career and manage their ‘own’ office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of day to day activities
- General Administration duties
- Diary management, travel arrangements, accommodation arrangements
- General HR Duties, recruitment support, maintaining employee files. Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Finance support
- Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Provide general support to visitors
If you are an exceptional Office Manager with years of experience under your belt, looking to take that next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you!