White Space is working exclusively with a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy who are actively looking to appoint a new Head of Architecture to oversee their UK operation based out of their office in Birmingham. Established nearly 50 years ago this organisation has become a world leader within their chosen sectors and continues to win numerous awards whilst successfully delivering highly complex buildings around the globe for all of their clients.
Due to an internal reorganisation and an extremely strong pipeline of work the need has arisen to recruit a qualified Architect who possesses a proven career & management track record within the pharmaceutical/food/energy sectors who has the ability to lead from the front! Your main task will be to lead and manage the department while focusing on the architectural delivery and execution of all projects. You will also play a key part in contributing to the overall success of the UK design and delivery services the organisation continues to provide to all their clients.
The Job Role and main responsibilities include:-
- Take overall responsibility for the management of the architectural department including the whole team, all HR issues, recruitment and any development requirements
- Develop and deliver the Development Plan for the business aligned with the overall UK Business Strategy
- Oversee and develop the architectural department ensuring all individuals undertake an ongoing personal development programme, and that the team has the correct mix of staff & resources
- Manage, develop and mentor junior resources within the department including supporting the uniquely designed internal Graduate programme
- Drive recruitment, team training & development
- Ensure all projects are delivered flawlessly working within the project programme & budget.
- Identify any areas for improvement and efficiency throughout the delivery phases while maintaining the client's requirements
- Support all up front & post business development activities including proposals, resource allocation & client visits
- Significant involvement with your counterparts throughout the organisation to share resources within the business to align working practices
- Support selected projects as the Lead Architect or Design Manager and manage the team capability so the project requirements can be attained
- Oversee the progress and quality of the Architectural team's deliverables
- Ensure all projects comply with internal procedures and where applicable local, international and client codes and standards
- RIBA/ARB registration
- Proven level of expertise in architectural design
- Track record working within the pharmaceutical, food or energy sector(s) but will consider candidates with considerable healthcare, laboratory and science & technology project exposure
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Extensive senior level experience managing and leading architectural teams
- Solid understanding, knowledge and appreciation of business demands and commercial awareness
- Professional approach and demeanour
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels